Filters 100,ooo gallons! Using technology taken from kidney dialysis, Sawyer® water filters use Hollow Fiber Membranes. The filters are comprised of tiny “U” shaped micro tubes that allow water to enter into their core through tiny micro pores. The PointOne Filter pores are so small (0.1 micron absolute) that no bacteria, protozoa, or cysts like E.Coli, Cholera and Typhoid can get through. At 7 log (99.99999%) the filter attains the highest level of filtration available today and yet it has a very high flow rate due to the large amount of tubes. Each filter is certified for ABSOLUTE microns. That means there will be no pore size larger than 0.1 microns in the biological filter Simply put, it is impossible for bacteria to pass through the 0.1 micron filter.
- Ideal for outdoor recreation, hiking, camping, scouting, domestic and international travel and emergency preparedness
- The MINI removes 99.99999% of all bacteria, such as salmonella, cholera and E.coli; removes 99.9999% of all protozoa, such as giardia and cryptosporidium
- High performance filter fits in the palm of your hand, weighs 2 ounces and filters up to 100,000 gallons (30 times more than comparable filters)
- Attaches to included drinking pouch, standard disposable bottles (28 mm thread), hydration packs, or use the straw to drink directly from your water source
- 1 – Sawyer MINI Water Filter with Tip Cap
- 1 – 16 oz Reusable Squeeze Pouch
- 1 – 7″ Drinking Straw
- 1 – Cleaning Plunger (Syringe)
- Cleaning and Maintenance Instructions
Filter Material: Hollow Fiber
Removes: Bacteria, Protozoa, E. Coli, Giardia, Vibrio cholerea, Salmonella Typhi
Cartridge Life: up to 100,000 gallons
Weight: 2 oz
Product #: Single [SP128], 4-Pack [SP124]
MADE IN THE U.S.A.
Storing in Freezing Temperatures:
Before initial wetting:
Filter is safe from freezing temperatures if it has never been wetted.
After initial wetting:
While there is no definitive way to tell if a filter has been damaged due to freezing, Sawyer recommends replacing your filter if you suspect that it has been frozen.
If you are in freezing temperatures, we recommend that you store your filter in your pocket or close to your person so that your body heat can prevent freezing. THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR A FROZEN FILTER.